Around Us

Discover the sights around us that you like
Image

The B & B Casa Vacanze Luciana di Napoli is located in the Vomero district, in the vicinity of one of the highest points of the city and commercial and residential heart of Naples.
In addition to the countless shops around Via Scarlatti, the elegant and quiet street favorite for the Napoletano Shopping such as COIN, Benetton, Promod, Zara, Swarovski, Carpisa,
Goldenpoint and for small breaks there are the Soave and Ice Cream Jars (at Vanvitelli Square ), Bellavia pastry shop and the inevitable coffee of Naples at L’Azar.
Vomero hill is perhaps the urban place that better than any other combines in its monuments architectural and landscape values.
On the extreme emergency, the Forte Belvedere and the adjacent Certosa, are an exceptional starting point for knowledge of the city.
Walking along the roads in a pleasant descent from the top of the last ramp of the stairway overlooking Via Scarlatti, you can have a reading of the urban layout born of the last two centuries.
Along the way (Piazzetta Escape, Via Cimarosa), there are some examples of century-old architecture, including the adolfo Avena palaces for the richness of the orchard.
Proceeding along Via Cimarosa, in the surrounding area, you walk along the wall of the Villa Floridiana, whose first part, with access from the Cimarosa alley, is the property of Villa Lucia.
From the belvedere and the terraces of the two villas, close reading, the reading of the Chiaia area, from the intervention of Lamont Young to the liberty building of the underlying streets.
Proceeding via Via Cimarosa, Via Belvedere, via Santo Stefano and corso Europa, you will walk along the ridge of Vomero hill to the point of conjunction with Posillipo.
It was the road to the innumerable splendid mansions that came when the hill was an amenity resort.

La certosa di San Martino

Image

The Certosa di San Martino, located near the B & B Casa Vacanze CasaLuciananapoli, is one of Naples’ most important religious monuments and one of the most successful examples of Baroque architecture and art. Of the primitive architectural solution of the factory, commissioned by Carlo deca of Calabria next to the castle of Belforte (1325), there are very few elements: some openings with Catalan style arches are found in the former refectory, probably used as passivivande, come to Light in a recent restoration. The architects who started the Certosa building were the same ones who worked in the same years at the castle. The Charterhouse was inaugurated in 1368, under the rule of Queen Jovan I, but the Carthusians had taken possession of the monastery already since 1337. The complex was dedicated to San Martino, bishop of Tours, probably due to the presence in the place of an ancient pre-existing chapel Dedicated to him. Towards the second half of the 16th century, under the push of the Counter-Reformation, the Charterhouse was modified according to more modern and grandiose criteria. The monastery, after alternate vicissitudes, was abolished by the French in 1806 and the Carthusians had to abandon it. The preserved works were acquired by the State.

Castel Sant'Elmo

castel sant elmo b&b casa vacanze napoli vomero casa luciana nei dintorni

Castel Sant’Elmo, located around the B & B Casa Vacanze CasaLuciananapoli, saw its origin in 1275 during the reign of Carlo I d’Angiò was derived from tuff, a typical stone of the territory, hence the color still tending to yellow. At this stage it had to have the structure of a medieval palatium, Roberto d’Angiò expanded it in 1329. The palatium, called Belforte, was square in shape, fortified with walls and towers on the front. During the reconstruction it was modified with defensive works, so to be called castrum Sancti Erasmi, probably for the presence of a chapel dedicated to Sant’Erasmo. The sixteenth-century reconstruction, commissioned by Carlo V and directed by Don Pedro de Toledo, was executed according to the design of the architect Pedro Luis Escrivà of Valenza. Between 1538 and 1546, the castle (called Sant’Ermo or Sant’Elmo perhaps from the original Sant’Erasmo) found its present configuration. The six-pointed stellar plant suits the site and the strategic-defensive function. It was a military demolition until 1976, the year in which the last restoration, conducted by the Provveditorato to Public Works, began with the intention of returning it to the city as the site of cultural activities. An auditorium was created for seven hundred people and many locals were found in the squares and in the underneath. Castel Sant’Elmo is the largest in Naples, because of its strategic importance the castle has always been a very well-deserved property: from its location and surroundings (250 m asl) you can control the whole city, the gulf, And the roads leading from the surrounding hills to the city.

Villa floridiana e Museo Duca di Martina

Parco Floridiana b&b casa vacanze napoli vomero casa luciana nei dintorni

The Floridiana, Vomero green lung, located near the B & B Casa Vacanze CasaLuciananoli is a complex consisting of a large park and a villa that houses the National Museum of Ceramics Duca di Martina. It rises at the southern limit of Vomero hill and offers a magnificent view of the Gulf of Naples. The complex was wanted in 1816 by Ferdinand I of Bourbon as a holiday residence for Morgan’s wife Lucia Migliaccio, Duchess of Floridia. The architect Antonio Niccolini worked on the renovation of the pre-existing buildings and the design of the gardens, which were enriched with plants and essences by Friedrich Dehnhardt, director of the Botanical Garden of Naples, located near the vomero. The work was completed in 1819. At that date the complex included two villas (Villa Lucia and Villa Floridia), an open-air theater called “the Verzura”, a circular temple, fake ruins and greenhouses, all strictly neoclassical. At the death of the royal couple, the complex was inherited by the sons of Duchess’s first marriage. Villa Lucia and part of the park were then sold to private individuals. Floridiana and the rest of the park were purchased in 1919 by the State, which exhibited the collection of ceramics received by Maria Spinelli of Scalea, which had been inherited by his uncle Placido di Sangro, Duke of Martina, from which the museum takes the name. The collection, with nearly six thousand pieces, collects Chinese porcelain, Meissen porcelain, ceramics of the ‘400s and’ 500s, fancy dresses, jewelery boxes and jewelery.

Scavi Archeologici

POMPEI ED ERCOLANO
b&b casa vacanze napoli vomero casa luciana napoli pompei

The city of Pompeii collects two very distant worlds: on one side what remains of one of the richest cities of the Roman empire and on the other, Christian spirituality, witnessed by many pilgrims visiting the renowned Sanctuary dedicated to the Blessed Virgin of The rosary of Pompeii, a tangible witness to devotion to Our Lady.

The pagan and the Christian world live together less than 800 meters away, close to space, away from the principles and aspirations that result from time.

Pompeii is known throughout the world for the tragedy that struck it in 79 AD, when the rich Roman city was buried by the eruption of Vesuvius, along with Stabiae, Oplontis and Herculaneum. An imminent tragedy, however, allowed us to find intact, after almost two thousand years, a vital historical testimony, a split of common life in the greatest empire of antiquity.
Excavations allow the tourist to jump over time, a total immersion, into a lost world that our Western civilization is carrying the “DNA” and that it shows with no guts or tricks, but with its magnitudes and miseries. The excavations allow us to visit the good living room of temples, public buildings, rich patrician villas, as well as stroll through ancient shops, folk houses, “osterias” and lupanari, where the common citizen drove his life.

Particularly touching is the view of plaster casts, a “snapshot” of the agony that the ancient Pompeians were subjected to by the hot gas coming from Vesuvius.

The geographical location of Pompeii is extremely favorable, just a few kilometers from Naples and Salerno, near Ercolano, the Sorrentine Coast and the Amalfi Coast easily reachable through the Chiunzi Pass that connects the Vesuvian area with Maiori from which Amalfi is easily reached. The island of Capri is well visible from Pompeii.
In front of the wealth, both qualitative and quantitative of monuments, art, history, archaeological evidence and religiousity, the tourist can choose either to confine himself to a fleeting visit or to anticipate a few days stay, taking advantage of many hotels, farmhouses, bed And breakfast, hotels near the excavations or the Shrine.

Around Us
Vota